Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I do not get it!

This past Saturday A and I went to one of his cousin's wedding. It was a late one, but fun none the less. Unfortunatelly jumping up and down on the dance floor with an ever expanding belly is not very comfortable, so A and I were happy to chill at our table and hang out with some of the other family members.

Now for the strange part of this wedding. The groom's parents (the bride is A's cousin) gave the new couple a very nice gift: they paid for their honeymoon in Costa Rica. You might think: that is a very nice and generous gift! Yup, I would tend to agree with you, but here was the catch (you knew one was coming, right?): the groom's parents are going too! No, I am not halucinating, or making it up. The groom's parents paid for the honeymoon... for the 4 of them!!!

Now, who does that? What parent wants to be going in their child's honeymoon trip? And why you as a child would accept something like that is also beyond my understanding. I mean, can't you say:" Gee, mom and dad, that is a very generous offer from you, but rather buy me a couch and let me be with my wife alone in my honeymoon!"

You can only imagine the discussion at our table that night. All I am going to say (in order to keep it as G rated as possible) is that I don't think that the groom's parents will be grandparents any time soon!!!

4 comments:

Mini said...

Um. Wow. there are no words for how disturbing that is.

Mariuca said...

yeah, imagine trying to talk with the bride and groom after we found out! I. Just. Wanted. To. Die! For them!

Anonymous said...

I agree - what a disturbing thought. Hopefully their rooms are on opposite ends of the hotel!!

Mariuca said...

nope, right next to each other! yupii!