Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trying again

Most of you know that I do not drive. Actually to be correct, I do not have a license, I do drive now, but with someone in the car (leaner's permit).
My big goal is to have my license by the end of the year. I figured that since I am turning 30 in less than a month, I should at least add that milestone to my life. So I am taking driving lessons (again) and driving everywhere during the weekend. I even made a deal with myself : I can have the week between Christmas and New Year's Day off if I have my license by then, otherwise I have to go to work (not Christmas day though :)

I am not a bad driver. And that's not me beating my own drum (is that what you say?), my husband says so too! I can drive, I am not afraid (anymore, at least), I know what I am doing. But I act like a complete idiot when it comes to have the state trooper in the car. Like, really bad (for example, who forgets to back up first before turning to get out between 2 cars! you had to have been there to see it!)

This time I am determined. To pretend that there is no one else in the car with me (I only hope that I will not forget though to follow their instructions...)

I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Mini said...

You can do it!!!

Stacey said...

Does this mean that I have to do it too?

Mariuca said...

I just know that I am tired of having to figure out ways to bribe Alan to go with me to the Christmas tree shop or AC Moore!