Friday, October 12, 2007

Saving time!

As I was complaning yesterday that there is no milk in the fridge and that there is no time to go food shopping in the middle of the week, my friend K suggested Peapod! So, I got to the office earlier than usual today, and checked it out. I feel like I have discovered sliced bread all over again! My life for the past 5 years has been a continuos race to make the most out of every second. I don't know if this is an American thing (we sure don't eat at our desks in Romania), but it feels like unless I do at least 2 things in the same time, I am wasting time.

For example, I always bead on my way to work (45 minutes with the commuter rail), I read and listen to the ipod in the same time, I watch TV while I run on the treadmill (ok, that is more because I hate running and I need something to distract me from doing it), I cook dinner while I talk with my sister-in-law, and don't even get me started on how I answer emails while in the middle of a training!

While I am all excited for discovering PeaPod (food will be delivered while my husband and I are painting our hallway), I am wondering if I will ever feel that it's ok to just focus on one thing at a time.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey, I was born here and I feel the same way you do! Sometimes I multitask because I feel like just one activity isn't enough to justify the time it takes--like knitting. I never just sit on the couch and knit. I watch TV, listen to NPR, wait in the doctor's office, ride in the passenger's seat of a car, etc., all while knitting. And I never sit at the table to eat breakfast--it's always at the computer, checking email. Like you, I always feel there isn't enough time!

Mariuca said...

it drives me crazy that I am like that! Maybe I should make it my New year's resolution to only do one thing at a time!