Monday, October 1, 2007

Not quite a baker! But making progress!

Yesterday we went apple picking with my brother and sister in law. I loved it! It reminded me so much of being back in Romania, in vacation with my family. We used to go to the mountains where you are surrounded by apple trees, blueberries bushes, pear trees, grape vines...

Even though I have been in Boston for over 5 years now, I still can not get used to the idea that you go to the supermarket and buy your fruits... and the farmers markets are a pale substitute to going to the market in Bucharest or picking your own.

So yeah, I went a little overboard with the apples. Even though I am not a baker (I could not bake a cake if my life depended on it) I still picked 12 lb of apples. I picked them and Alan carried the basket :)

Last night I gathered all my courage and tried my hand at an apple crisp. And I must say I am actually impressed with myself. It was quite good! I almost went for seconds and I not the one for sweets to much!
But since there is still plenty more apples around our house, my friend K send me directions for an apple pie. Must try this weekend... I might not be quite a baker, but I sure am making progress. Wish me luck!

No comments: