Tuesday, May 27, 2008

PJs in public

I don't know, I guess I will have to file this one under "relaxed American tradition", but I just don't understand why some people wear their pjs in public. Today, on my way to work, I saw this woman on the bus who was wearing green stripped pjs (top and bottom) with an inscription that read "sleeping like an angel". Honestly, a skirt and a tshirt is the same amount of pieces that you get to wear and I am sure it would look less disturbingly in public.

I will never forget one Friday night about 6 months ago, when A and I went to have dinner at TGI Friday's (yeah, funny!). By no means, do I consider that place high scale or anything, but this guy came into the restaurant wearing black silk lounge pants that have huge all over red lips on them! Now, why would I want to eat my dinner looking at this guys pants (trust me, it was impossible not to stare!) Though in my country the sweat pants are for the gym, even that would have been better than what he was wearing.

So, my conclusion? Well, if you are going to be out in public, please make an effort! If not for you, at least for the people that are forced to see you!

Cheers!

No comments: