Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Can't pull that off anymore!

I was thinking last night of all the normal, regular things that I used to be able to do before I got pregnant. And I came up with a list of things that at 31 weeks I can't pull off anymore. Here is comes:

1. I can't tie or put my shoes on anymore. Nor can I put any socks on. Thank goodness for summer and whomever invented flip flops and slip on shoes
2. I can't wash my feet
3. I sure can't bend down to pick up anything
4. I can't shave my legs properly since it involves some degree of bending and balancing your whole weight on one foot as the other one is propped up on the bathtub
5. I can't get up from the couch without some assistance (granted our couches are soft and cushy and you kind of sink into them, especially when you gained 18 lbs!)
6. I can't see my belly button! Trust me, I tried
7. I can't walk and talk in the same time! And not because suddenly I became stupid, but because I would huff and puff to the point where you can't really understand what I am saying
8. I can't stand the sight of roast beef or any other very pink cold cuts (you should see me at the store at the deli counter closing my eyes when the guy hands me the bag!)

I am sure things will return to normal, but my point is that nobody tells you that once your pregnancy advances, normal things became something that you need to plan around if you want to accomplish!
None the less, as much as I am scared to death and excited as well, I would not trade this stage of my life for anything!

Cheers!

No comments: