Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Being a list person

I am such a list person! Some people would call it obsession, I call it sanity.
My life is a huge "to do list". I have a list for grocery shopping (ok, not such a huge stretch), a list for chores in the house (and who does what), a list for Christmas presents (done well in advance), a menu list for each week (keeps me sane as I do not have to figure out what to cook after a whole day at work), a list of things to do at work, a list of things to ask my doctor when I have a visit, a list of things to ask my mom to bring when she comes to visit, a list of things that we still need for the nursery... you get the idea! My husband A will attest that there is always some sort of a list attached to the fridge in our house. I like being able to check off things that get done! It makes me see the progress!

Lists make me feel sane! Lists make me feel in control (yup, you could argue that I am a control freak!). For years I wished I was more of a spontaneous person. I always thought it's cool and "in" and artsy to be spontaneous. But at the age of 30 I have finally accepted that I like order and that living my life with no clear plans stresses me out. Now, don't think I am so completely boring. I like doing things: I like going to the beach, I like being at the zoo, I like hanging out with friends, I like having cook outs, I like lots of things. And I think A and I do lots of things. I just have to prepare and know about what we are doing in advance. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know, I guess you could argue it both ways!

Have fun today! I have to run now and make a list of things I need from the grocery store this weekend! :)

No comments: