Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New convert!

My friend K showed me some months ago (before C was born) how to knit. I like it, but between worries with the pregnancy (don't even get me started) and adjusting to having my life develop around a little girl, I never got my act together to actually do it! I think it also had something to do with the fact that I was looking for the instant gratification that making a pair of earrings or a bracelet gives you.

A recent book "The knitting circle" (funny enough I got that on loan from my friend K too!) changed my perspective. Not to get all corny and philosophical here, but I have finally realized that knitting is as much about the time to spent making a project as it is about the finished product. So I am knitting away at my "cherries and chocolate" scarf. It's so not neat and somehow I ended up with 36 stitches (is that what you call the noodles you knit?) instead of the initial 30, but it's my own work. Though I had dreams of grandeur in which I could already make a baby blanket right away, I decided that once I am done with this scarf, I will make another one for my mom!
I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love it! Can't wait to see the finished scarf. Will you finally figure out how to post pics? ;-)

Mini said...

Okay, M... I have to show you how to upload photos... have some ready on Friday and I'll show you.

Also, be prepared. I'm going to teach you to purl. :)

I'm so happy you are knitting!