Monday, April 7, 2008

Puzzled

Yesterday my husband and I decided to go and check up some stores for some much need it "crib purchase ed". We ended up in this one store that one of our friends recommended (beautiful furniture for babies, but wicked expensive in my opinion as I do not think that the baby's furniture should cost as much as our bedroom set) where A noticed that some of the crib sheet sets were more expensive that the crib. We were both puzzled to see this great looking set for girls (you know, the fitted sheet, bumper, ruffle and the blanket) for $399! No, I am not making it up, it really was $399!
I just don't get it. Obviously there is much less material need it, and the embroidery, as cute as it was, it was certanly not worth $300! My only explanation for the crazy price was that parents really get influenced by the whole crazy idea that their kids have to have the absolute best! I am all for my child to have nice things and usefull things, but do I really have to spend $400 on sheets to feel like I am a good mom?

On a side note, my own sheets cost about 10% of that amount since I have no problems with buying them at Target when they are on sale!

No comments: