Wednesday, March 12, 2008

That's not what I was asking for

As teenagers my brother and I used to bicker to my mom (half jocking and half serious) that she did not manage to give birth to us some thousands of miles away from where we were (Romania). Trust me, growing up in a country under Communist times, where everyone is watching and spying on everyone else, you would have bickered too! Funny enough, years later, my wish came true. I now live close to Boston, thousands and thousands odd miles away from Romania. The problem? I wish I was more specific in my bickering and asked for some warm climate thousands of miles away, like California!
My father in law called yesterday from Florida to tell me (more like rubbing it in) that he was at the pool, warm and cozy with a cold beer in hand. That made me think even more of how much I hate the cold weather in Boston that lasts until May. Ok, maybe my dislike is also based on the fact that I got to the point when completely buttoning my winter coat is not possible anymore, so there is aways some sort of breeze (I do refuse to buy a maternity winter coat just for few more months!)

So, please do pray for some warm, sunny weather coming our way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! Everytime it's cold I tell Dave that I wish we could move ourselves and all of our family and friends down to Florida for the winter! At least spring is almost here (kind of).

Monsieur Frrransoa said...

Fata, pune mana si cumpara-ti o haina de gravide...
CA ASTA ESTI!
;)
Barbac-tu' ala nu e in stare sa te intretina?
Spune-i ca vin si-l joc in felcuri.
Ca n-ai vrut sa te mariti cu mine...

Ai vrut american?
Na american!

;):))

Tibishor Ingrozitor