Friday, March 28, 2008

Looking towards the future

As I was traveling with the train in the morning and C. decided to let me know she is also awake and would like some activities I had this vivid image of my kid in 3 or 4 or 5 years from now on running around at Kenny Bunk with a bunch of other kids. (Just a side note, my in-laws have a trailer there). I don't know what she will look like (my husband A was mentioning the other night that he can't picture that either), or what will her personality be. But for some strange reason I kept thinking of my friend K and her stories about her childhood when she and her brothers spent a whole summers at a camp ground with the grandparents. And then I could picture A and I buying a little pop up trailer and traveling with the kids during the summer vacations (yes, we would like more than one, even though this one is not around yet).

It's amazing how much one's perspective over life changes when it's not only about them anymore. It hit me the other night that life will sure be completly different from now on. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it, and I would still do it in a heart beat, but unknown still scares me!

2 comments:

Mini said...

Funny, I can picture her exactly. I can see dark hair, little button nose, curious eyes (most likely brown?) and very delicate features.

summers at the camp were great (we went with my mom and dad (he only came up on weekends), not grampy and nani, though). Running free, barefoot on dirt roads, catching frogs and playing games. later: first kisses and keeping friendships.

Mariuca said...

my mom still hopes and prays for blue eye, but if she is anything like my nephew and niece (my sister in law is blond with blue eyes), she will look more like me than like A.