Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am so getting my butt kicked!

One of our new year resolutions was to get in shape. I know, how cliche, since 80% of the Americans decide that (no, I really don't know the number exactly, I just made it up!). But you know what? I really wanted to stick to my decision, and since money is a really good motivation (especially when you have to really cut other things to make it), we decided that I can sign up for a personal trainer. Now, you might say that that's crazy, but if you know me, you know that I get bored easily. I go to the gym for the first 2 weeks, and then get into a routine and then get bored. And then I quit! So this year, I am determined to be different. I signed up for a 6 months personal trainer once a week. I figured that will give me the motivation and the boost to actually do something about it. I would never not show up for a training especially since I have set them up at 6 am. I would feel horrible knowing that someone got up at that hour for me and then I don't show up.
Yesterday was my free session and OMH I hate it every single minute of it! But in a good way! By the end of the session I called A and asked him how much of my life insurance money he promised them if they kill me! Today I can barely walk, I can't sit and surely I can't lift more than a glass of water!
Honestly I am not one of those people who enjoy going to the gym. I wish I was, but I am not. I go and I hate every minute of it! But I am determined to do it, so that I am able to keep up with the noodle. I want to be able to run and Rollerblade and bike with my daughter without the huffing and puffing!
I have high hopes for the following 6 months and I really hope I can reach my goal of loosing 30 lbs!

No comments: