Thursday, July 3, 2008

She is finally here!

Ok, so I never got time to actually write last week when C came home after she was born, but I am writing today. Considering that I just gave birth less than 2 weeks ago, that's pretty impressive!

What can I say! There is not enough friends, relative, strangers stories that can prepare you for the birth of your first child (or second, or third, not that I can actually think of that now!). It's painful (thank goodness for modern medicine and drugs, otherwise I would have been in prison for killing the nurse and the doctor and all the other people around me!), scary, exciting, impossible to understand and wonderful in the same time. There is nothing like seeing your husband (or significant other) holding your child for the first time! There is nothing like holding your child for the first time either! (and they lied, the impossible pain is still there even when you are first holding them, but it does not really register anymore!)

After 4 days of hospital stay, we came home! It's a little intimidating at first knowing that there is no more red buttons to call the nurse when you do not know what to do! She is crying? Well, your are IT! Is it worth it? You bet it is! At the end of the day, when we put C to bed, all snuggled in and warm, and the crazy hormone surges subside (nobody said anything about feeling crazy either!), we both thank God for trusting us with her and making our wish a reality! I worry! Each and every single hour of the day! But at the end of the night, I know that she will be fine, she will grow up to be a happy, good nature kid, who is kind and gentle and witty and funny! Why? Because I will do everything I can and even more to raise her that way!

If this is a little too mumble jumble for you, cut me some slack! I really am sleep deprived!

Later!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats Mari and A! You will do a great job!

Mini said...

aw.. you're already a great mommy. cards soon?

:)

Mariuca said...

anytime you would like! I am sure C would like a crash course in nerts during the weekend (though she might sleep thru the whole thing!)