Monday, July 7, 2008

A little bit intimidating!

Today is the first day alone with C. After 2 weeks of being with us at the hospital and home, my husband A need it to go back to work! Still doing night shift feeding duty and waking up at 6am is not easy, but he is such a trooper! I can't tell you how much my respect for him grew the first time I saw him feeding and holding C!

Anyhow! I decided to grab on my little bit of courage and strengh and take the little one to the nearby park. My hope? That I will find some other moms going thru the same scary parts of motherhood, so we can exchange ideas and stories and have our kids play together (ok, that might come later since C is just being pushed around in her stroller!)
So, I went. To the park! And there were moms around! And while it felt intimidating to say hallo to complete strangers, I figure I could pull it off since I did not look out of place (remember, I am pushing C in her stroller!). I had hopes for this outing! The sad part? Well, none of the women seamed remotely receptive to being friendly! Ok, I was not expecting any warm hugs (I might be hormonal, but I still have my brain!), but I was at least hoping for small talk. Like, how old is she? Or what's her name? Or whatever! And I got nada! Zip! Nilch!

Am I a little down about it? You bet I am! But I am determined to try some more! One of A's cousins by marriage suggested this mom's club international. So I sent the local Attleboro group an email! I will keep you posted on how that one goes!

Later!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Mari,

You might want to check and see if there are any parenting-themed Yahoo groups in your area. That's how I found my weekly knitting group, and it has worked out great. Another themed networking option is Meetup.com.

Just stick with it at the local park. I bet it will pay off.

Mariuca said...

thanks, I tried the meetup.com thing and never got an answer from them. The woman at the mom's club international answered back and she was really informative and nice. Keep your fingers crossed that I will like them and we can join a group! It does get lonely at times just me and Chloe all day long!