Monday, June 16, 2008

Still at home!

Each week it's a gamble, going to my doctor appointment. I am terrified each week that I will end up in the hospital again! (the last few appointments did not go that well, you never want to be in Boston alone with the doctor who tells you that you need to be admitted, and then have to call your husband who is in Providence and tell him to come and meet you at the hospital. Not only do you worry about the baby and your own condition, but now you have to worry about the husband driving down 93 in traffic, trying to get to Boston ASAP)!
So for the last few weeks of the pregnancy, I decided to make A my umbrella! Yeah, that might not make much sense, but let me explain. You know how it never rains during the days when you remember to bring your umbrella with you? Well, I am trying the same concept! Each Friday, A is working from home (such a blessing!) so he can come with me to the appointments. And guess what? This past Friday it worked! He came with me and I was fine and did not need to go to the hospital! (of course I know that me being fine is more a result of being in bed rest for the past 2 weeks, but none the less I should be allowed to choose whatever I want to believe!)

So I am hoping to keep playing this game each week! If I bring my umbrella with me, it will not rain! It never does!

No comments: