Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What phone service does she have? Cause I really want it too!

Yesterday I had one of those experiences when you do not know if you should just laugh or cry. Let me explain.

I take the commuter rail everyday. To and from work. I normally get a sit so I don't mind it. I get to read, bead and do a bunch of other things.
Yesterday I got on at my regular station, Back Bay. I did not get a chance to read one line of my new novel. Why? Well, this woman who was sitting about half a car behind me was having the loudest cell phone conversation I have ever heard. I don't think there is anyone that was in that car yesterday that does not know about Jason who is 20 lbs lighter than her, about Laura who is making out ok, but hates her job, about Jen who had her baby, a boy, Caleb... and the list could go on and on. I could see the people around me looking at each other, half surprised and half aggravated! None of us had a chance to say anything to her because she did not stop talking the whole way from Ruggles to Attleboro when I got out!

It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some people can be. I have no problem with people talking on their cell phone. After all we are all free to do whatever we would like to. But I never understood why one has to be so loud that people around have no other choice but to listen. Trust me, she was so loud that you could not tune her out!

My conclusion to the day? Well, I wish I knew what phone service provider she had, because she had coverage the whole way. And if you had ever taken the commuter rail to Providence, it is widely known that 99% of people have no phone coverage from Sharon and well past Mansfield!

Later!

1 comment:

Mini said...

My response:
"put them on speakerphone--- i want to hear her response."