Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have a window

For the past 1 1/2 years I had been working the same job. I love it, I would not trade it for anything. I love my co-workers and my boss, again I would not trade it for anything (except motherhood). But my desk sat between the back door of the office and 2 huge walls. I never knew if it was sun or raining outside. I would not see the light until the end of the day. Today we moved to a new building, 4 blocks down the street from where we used to be. And as silly as I feel about it, I am so excited to have a cubicle right next to the window. Now I get to be amused by traffic on Mass Ave (you should see it sometimes), and watch people trying to dart across the traffic! I have not had so much fun at work in a long time. And most importantly I have a window! Luckily no one really expected us to work today since I spent most of the day marveling at the fact that I can see outside.

Later!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hooray for your window! When I first started my job I was so excited to get my own office. But alas, it is window-less and jail-cell like! Although if I didn't have it, I suppose I wouldn't get my restaurant work done or get much blog reading in...If I want to see the sun I need to visit my co-worker across the hall. Happy traffic watching!