Monday, December 3, 2007

First trips alone

Saturday morning, at 6:10am I get woken up by my husband who is in a frenzy that I am missing my train! Yup, I did wanted to strangle him considering that Saturday is not a work day and pretty much the only day that I can sleep longer than the regular 5:30 am time. After trying really hard for about 20 minutes to go back to sleep, I just gave up and decided to make my first trips in the car alone.

After some much need it coffee, I got in and drove (ALONE) to Stop and Shop (we were in dire need of some greens and other stuff) and had a blast. No, not shopping necessarily, but with the fact that now I can finally get in the car whenever I want (provided that I do have the car in the driveway) and drive wherever I want!
Being proud of handling going to Stop and Shop alone, I decided to even go to Target! And I made it there and back with no problems. Even though for about 2 seconds I had a panic attack in Target trying to figure out how I was getting back home (I quickly remembered that I can drive myself now), I had the time of my life. I blasted the heat in the car (goodness Saturday was freezing), turn on my Christmas music (Alan hates it for the most part), sang along with no one to listen to me (thank God for that, I really can not sing if my life would depend on it)!

See ya!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

How great! We need a pic of you sitting in the driver's seat...

Traci said...

Maybe you can swing by and oick up Stacey. You know, take her to the RMV for a little testing...:-)

Mariuca said...

thanks for the vote of confidence traci, but we are so not there yet!