Thursday, October 16, 2008

Christmas already?

If you are one of my friends, you already know that I love Christmas! I love the atmosphere, the trees, the lights, the cooking (thank goodness for my mom this year since she will be making all the yummy dishes we grew up with for Christmas), the spirit! I just love it all!
But, and this is a huge one, I hate that here in America we rush into everything. I can't believe that for the past month or so every time I go into a store I already see decorations and all the works! What happened to Halloween, or Thanksgiving? And it's like that with all the holidays! I mean, I get it, it's marketing strategy and all that, but do we really need to see Easter Bunnies in January? Or Christmas trees in July?

I hate that we are all so focused on getting to the next step that we forget to enjoy the now! Even in the day to day life, we are focused on the future. How to save more, how to plan the next vacation... (I am not advocating for no savings or no vacation plans), what college our kids will go to... you get my point!

So my decision? Is to really take time each and every day to stop and remember that today is about today and that I will worry about tomorrow when that comes...

No comments: