Monday, April 27, 2009

Money saving pampering trick!

In light of the declining economy, and as many other women, I am always on the hunt for cheaper solutions to the little life indulgences.
After a long day on Saturday (running errands with C. most of the morning, and spending the afternoon in the park pushing her on the swing), my feet were achy and tired and sore. So I decided I would love to soak them for a bit and use some scrub on them, and ... you got it, pamper a bit! Of course I discovered I have no more of those handy jars of body/foot scrub mix, so I decided to make my own. And it's so easy and muuuuch cheaper than the retail version that I don't think I would ever go back to buying it. I just mixed some baby oil with some salt (or you can use sugar if you like) in a little cup! And it worked just as well as the ones you buy in a jar. It was not the fancy kind, no lavender or rose petals in it, but it did what it was supposed to do: pampered my tired feet.

1 comment:

Mini said...

Next time, try it w/ olive oil, salt and a little lemon juice... works amazing. The olive oil won't leave your feet as greasy as the baby oil can... :) My mom always adds brewed tea to her bath salt concoctions.